Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Whining Is Not Against The Law



A Conversation Yesterday Between Mother and (Five-Year-Old) Daughter:

“Stop whining, please.“

“I’m not whining.  I’m just talking.  And by the way, I know my rights, Mommy!  Whining is not against the law!”

“Maybe not, but it’s against my rules.  So stop.”

“The law beats your rules, Mommy! And by the way, I wasn’t even whining in the first place!”

Sigh.  She says she doesn’t want to be a lawyer like her parents because “law is boring.”  But her fate may be written.  And now, I’m off to investigate why they are apparently teaching constitutional law in her pre-k class.  Given that I believe that sometimes, a kid's ignorance = a parent's bliss, I sure wasn’t the one who informed her of her First Amendment rights!  

No comments:

Post a Comment