Saturday, June 25, 2011

Cool Summer Treats

It's hot here.  Have I mentioned that?  But in keeping with this blog's focus -- finding moments to slow down, appreciate life's work and pleasures, and connect with family and friends -- I'm thinking of ways to savor summer.

Like...Enjoying cold watermelon after a dip in the pool.  Sipping cool mojitos with friends on a humid summer night. Or better yet, doing both at the same time, with Watermelon Mojito Pops, like these concocted by Sugar and Charm, which I discovered via Pizzazzerie:




Aren't they genius?  And gorgeous?  I can't wait to try them soon.  Check out Sugar and Charm for the recipe and much more inspiration; it's a beautiful blog.

Thinking about watermelon also brings to mind my other favorite summer treat: watermelon gazpacho.


A healthy and delicious menu item at the fabulous Lake Austin Spa Resort, which happens to be one of my very favorite places in the world, watermelon gazpacho is quick and easy to make.  The resort's master chef, Terry Conlan, has generously shared his recipe here.  Note that it makes a big batch, so you may want to invite friends to join you!

Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment