Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mother-Daughter Holiday Tea Party (2010)

Our Mother-Daughter Holiday Tea Party is a family tradition.  My mom and I hosted holiday teas annually when I was younger, even through my college and law school years when I'd come home for Christmas break.  We'd invite friends and neighbors --- mothers, daughters, and sisters of all generations.  Many of our guests told us that attending our tea each year had become part of their own family traditions.  At one point, attendance grew so much that we had to invite people in shifts to accommodate them.

My mom exemplifies southern hospitality with her generosity, and she also has a knack for making even simple things extra-special.  I thus have wonderful memories of those tea parties, and of the days of preparation beforehand.  It was mother-daughter bonding at its best.

So it was with great excitement that I resurrected the Mother-Daughter Holiday Tea tradition last year, when my oldest was four.  She's a party planner by nature and loved the idea of hosting a tea party for her friends. My daughter *loved* all the list-making, decorating, baking, color-coordinating, table-setting, and favor-choosing.  We invited about 20 girls and their mothers, and we all had a blast.  The girls squealed with excitement in their darling party dresses as they drank their pink tea and ate petit fours; the moms indulged in truffles and wine; we all enjoyed a red-and-white candy buffet:


















Click HERE to see how the 2011 edition of our holiday tea party turned out!

(Sharing with Savvy Southern Style and Between Naps on the Porch)

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Absolute gorgeous!!! Not just a tea party. It's also a Hurricane jars party. I love every piece.

    Hope you will have a great time with your angel. She so pretty.

    Happy TS.
    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This looks (and probably tastes) like sooooo much fun. What a great idea. Tea parties are enjoyed by all ages, but those little ones take special delight in dressing up and attending. You did a marvelous job in your Mom's stead and think your daughter is adorable. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty and fun! I love tea parties during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you put this together. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete