Sunday, April 28, 2013

Girl's Bedroom Transformation, Part I



New house, new furnishings.  My three-year-old daughter had outgrown the colorful nursery we designed in our old house and wanted a purple "big girl room."  Achieving her dream was no easy task, because this is the "before" we started with --- a dark, cabin-like bedroom previously occupied, decorated, and loved by an outdoorsy teenage boy:




That's a lot of knotty pine, right???  

We're still working on accessorizing the space, but I wanted to give you a sneak peek of part of the room to show what a heckuva lot of Benjamin Moore Atrium White paint can do.  It's the same color used on the millwork through our new home, and the color I chose for the paneling in the adjacent playroom remodel.



With a new Pottery Barn Kids Catalina double bed, PBK lilac bedding, a new nightstand we bought raw and painted Atrium White, and a simple PBK bedside lamp, the room now looks fresh, youthful, light, and cheerful, just like my three-year-old:



The Little Castle black-and-ivory Central Park toile glider in the corner was repurposed from my eldest's old nursery and accessorized with purple and cream silk throw pillows.



The frame over the bed reminds me of the Organic Bloom frames I used in my youngest daughter's nursery, but I actually bought it unfinished from Cut It Out and painted it lilac.  The photograph was taken at my daughters' joint Woodland Fairy birthday party last summer:



The old laminate desktop benefitted from a DIY treatment like I used in the playroom: I used thick amethyst wrapping I paper I had leftover from my youngest's christening party, under a $35 glass top.  Lavender crystal drawer knobs and the lavender-trimmed Napa ruffle chair from PBK complete the look.




That's it for now. Check back again soon for more pictures and details!  Have a great week!

(Are you new to the cul-de-sac?  I blog about nesting, nurturing, reading, traveling, and most of all, celebrating life with my family! If you like what you see, please consider joining the conversation via GFC or email.  I'm trying to get this blog off the ground and would love to get to know you! :)

Sharing with Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Savvy Southern Style, Serenity Now,  RemodelaholicNot Just a Housewife, DIY By Design, A Stroll Thru Life, Seven Thirty Three, Southern Lovely, House of Hepworths, French Country CottageTransformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage, The Charm of Home, Tatertots and Jello, Six Sisters Stuff, I Heart Naptime, Homemaker on a Dime, Under the Table and Dreamingand Making the World Cuter.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a major, major transformation. I love the redo. So perfect for a little girl and such a fresh color pallet. I am sure she is in heaven. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me party that is ongoing.

    http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2013/04/162nd-inspire-me-tuesday.html

    This is definitely inspiring. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, thanks so much for linking up. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly stunning transformation... love the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so cute! Her room is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so pretty pictures. Really I seems that rugs are good way to decoration for home.
    Buy Beds and Mattresses from Supremebedz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pictures you have updated in this blog. for decoration of your bed room. i must say do purchase the Cheap Bed Glasgow

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a transformation! From the cabin-like room, you were able to successfully revamp it to be a pretty room for a little girl. Are these the designs that she likes? Designing the room with the figures and colors the kids like will make them enjoy their big kids' bed more and start forgetting about their old cribs. That's one trick all parents should know. :)
    Dante @ The Healthy Bed Store

    ReplyDelete